
We had a great trip to Baltimore for the American Craft Council Show!
Saw Many wonderful things and met some great people!
Most excitingly, while talking to the incredible Shannon of Sweet Pepita a beautiful children's clothing line ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetpepita ) I learned about a
Photography After School Program in Baltimore called Youth Light. It turned out that the program was having a show at a local reaturant... so we went to check things out!
Youth Light is a photography after school program which gives city kids a chance to take a closer look at the world that they are living through taking pictures of their daily lives and surroundings. ( http://www.youthlightproject.org/about.htm )
At the show, we got to see some incredible pictures, taken and developed by the kids. It is the sort of work that you can tell just by looking for a minute is changing the way our eyes meet the world. I bought a picture that was taken by one of the students, who is now running the dark room! I will certainly post it later!
We also got to meet Marshall Clarke, an independant photographer who founded and runs the program. I'm so excited to show our kids the picture and tell them about this project! I am hoping that there might be some way for us to work together one of these days.
Here are some pages from the new Loop It Up BOOK!!




The Book is almost 100 pages long! it tells the story of how we started Loop It Up, outlines curriculum and offers tips and enthusiasm for starting your own art afterschool program. The first edition is on the way! You may order your copy for $25 + $5 shipping fee by emailing looplinktangle@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment