Wednesday, September 7, 2011

i'll be the little bit of quiet in your head...


yesterday was quite a long busy day, it began with part I of the three and four year olds paper fish project....

I made 33 of these fish (ouch ouch, a lot of stapling)



and then we colored and painted and had the nicest time on this cool cool (fall??) morning.






it was wonderful.

After running some errands I returned to the Y just in time to get ready for our afternoon class. I was feeling rather overwhelmed one way and another and just when I started getting materials out of the closet and feeling organized James came in to tell me all sorts of things.

James is 7 and was in my very first art class, and right now is the only member of that original class who is around. I've been calling him my old timer.

He asked if he could help and I told him I thought I just needed a minute by myself and a little quiet in my head to make sure I got everything together.

He looked my dead in the eye--- in that way that only your old timer can-- and said, "I'll be the little bit of quiet in your head and then you won't have to get ready for us by yourself either..."

oh James. oh my heart. so we got ready and had an afternoon of art outside.

This is James with Mickael who is the son of one of our librarians and a REALLY kind person and incredible artist....

No comments: