Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Favorite Foods...

In busy times of teaching, sorting new materials and applying for grants its hard for me to remember to eat lunch. To avoid being a crabby mess by mid afternoon, I try to keep snacks around on my desk.... apples, strawberries, cashews....

Last week was a particularly busy week and the jumbo bag of nuts on my desk was my saving grace. I noticed that a few of the kids kept sneaking in the art closet and they'd come out, pulling things out of their pockets and nibbling... after a while I realized that the were sneaking in and getting handfuls of nuts!

It was so cute that I decided not to say anything and let them enjoy the nuts and their completely surreptitious trips into the closet.

Today I found the following notes on my desk



Dear Molly, can you please remember to get me some peanuts? Can I get 4 of them please I will pay you back?

*** Mrs. Mooly will be picking up some nuts on the way to work tomorrow.... so be sure to stop by!

No comments: